Union Avatars will create standards for avatars and identities to be portable across worlds
We’re excited to announce that Union Avatars has officially joined Polkadot Base Camp, Outlier Ventures web3 accelerator program focused on supporting teams in metaverse ecosystem, building in Web 3 industries.
Union Avatars was one of the teams handpicked to participate in the program along with other teams around the world. Check out the full announcement.
Our focus in the program will be to develop users’ virtual identity in the metaverse, build a community, and partner with immersive platforms and avatar providers all of which, OV will be instrumental in helping us to achieve.
About Union Avatars
Union is the company blurring the lines between the virtual world and reality.
As digital transformation accelerates, Union leads the production of realistic 3D avatars for virtual worlds.
Right now, most companies are focussing exclusively on the creation and development of immersive environments but the key actors are left behind, users.
What about virtual identity? What about our data, privacy and rights as users? Do we want the new Web 3 and the metaverse to inherit the same liabilities that we have in web 2 and social media?
Our mission is to help shape the future of virtual identity in the metaverse. We provide avatars solutions so you can have a realistic and trustworthy representation of yourself in videogames, social media, virtual reality, immersive worlds or gamification.
We believe in a decentralised metaverse that leaves no one behind. In Union Avatars we root for assets portability and user data ownership.
We are working to offer interoperability and portability for our user’s assets among platforms, and we intend to do it through our 3D realistic avatars.
The coming months will be full of challenges and hard work, and we can’t wait to get into it!
The other awesome startups in the Outlier Ventures program are:
- GBC.AI: The company developed unique AI algorithms that help to optimize and properly adjust the parameters of various blockchain networks to boost their performance.
- LOGION: The company’s ambition is to be the blockchain infrastructure of safe digital ownership so that people can protect the value they create and exchange.
- QBitKloud: A company that specialises in digital transformation, technology change and cloud computing.
- VORLDS: is a virtual social platform built in the Metaverse. It allows you to travel through virtual worlds, design your own avatars and have immersive experiences.
- Yanda: DAO-based auditing service enhancing the transparency of automated processes.
About Outlier Ventures
Outlier Ventures has been backing Web 3 founders since 2014 and is the world’s leading Open Metaverse accelerator program, and was one of the first VC firms dedicated to investing in the emerging crypto ecosystem.
Their portfolio includes notable projects across DeFi, NFTs and blockchain infrastructure with a focus on emergent Open Metaverse use cases such as NFT-based play-to-earn games, augmented reality and more.
Outlier Ventures portfolio can be found here.
- 5 Metaverse Platforms You should Watch in 2022
- The Metaverse, a $678 billion Business
- 5 Fashion Brands Marketing in the Metaverse